Rocky II ★★★★½

Theme Month #3 December 2019
Task #24 Watch a drama that's also an underdog story.
Progress: 8/31

Although I definitely like Rocky more, Rocky 2 is one of the best sequels that I have ever seen. The story is so much more deep and complex than the first one. I love how we dive deeper into Rocky's personal life and his relationship with Adrian, it really added an extra layer of depth to the entire story. Stallone and Weathers acting both were so amazing, even better than in the first movie. My favorite moment in the movie is probably the turning point when Rocky finally decides to give his training his full focus. The fight choreography was just as incredible as the first time, it really does look like Sylvestor Stallone is getting the shit knocked out of him. Just the entire movie is great, the training sequence is awesome, acting is incredible, directing is superb, music is classic and iconic and of course the drama and story is perfect. If you liked the first one, I highly recommend you watch where it left off, Rocky 2. It's the perfect continuation of the story and honestly could complete the franchise without a need for anymore movies. But hey, we got more and I'm excited to watch them over the next few weeks. Anyways, yeah, watch this, you'll be happy you did.

🔙The Master