The Favourite

The Favourite ★★★★★

Rachel Weisz can slap me and order me around and i wouldnt give a fuck about it!

This film, OMG! Lets just the get obvious out of the way.
The Performances! Olivia Colman gave such an incredible performance. Emma and Rachel are just so so good. Nicholas Hoult is also quite good in this film.
what i loved about these characters, was the power dynamics and the film does a great job of being vague about what it is and as we go on it reveals itself to be so depressing and makes us see things properly. At the end, it fucking stabs you slowly and the knife is slowly removed from your heart. (yeah, that was bit too extreme but it helps me express my point)
The lighting and cinematography was so good, it really sucks that the print of the film i watched was very trashy. I'm looking forward to watching it again when its out on digital.
The Set and Costume design are oscar worthy.
I LOVED the way music was used in this film. Absolutely fantastic!
I also really loved the different lenses that Yorgos used and the tracking shots. The Crossfades were so so good.
The Screenplay is Very Smart, Dark, Witty and Absolutely Hilarious.
Yorgos Lanthimos still stays one of the most exciting directors for me. He did a really good job with The Favourite.
Definitely gonna rewatch it soon.

ShakeTheFilmGeek liked these reviews