A Quiet Place

A Quiet Place ★★★½

I was destined to take some sort of issue with this, but it’s still pretty damn good. It seems to be reminding people why the theater experience can be so great, and how there are still good horror movies to be found.

The plot is admittedly a little thin, but I can tell it’s definitely getting at something bigger than what it appears to be. What that is, I’m not completely sure. The best I can come up with is that, when it all inevitably goes to hell, everyone has to work together and trust each other, regardless of prejudice or emotion. They have to sacrifice their own prosperity for the prosperity of the human race, and that will ultimately prevail in the face of oppression. I’m probably overthinking it, because this is mostly a scary monster movie (and a VERY good one), but I think there’s something of value to be found here, and I think it’ll age real well.

You’ve probably seen it, but if you haven’t, it lives up to the hype, if only superficially. It’s a quick watch, but it’s a really fun watch, and I’m glad I saw it. Hopefully this isn’t just a fluke from Krasinski.

Sam liked these reviews