Evil Dead ★★★½

So I had quite the time when I originally saw this in theatres. I was seeing it with my best friend's then boyfriend. She doesn't like horror films and his friends were lame. Also this movie promoted itself as "The most terrifying film you will ever experience". I hate it when movies make such big claims. But sure...fuck me up. Put me in an insane asylum after. That's the kind of shit I want. Nothing to do with this story but I enjoyed the film and some of the gore really unsettled me and has stuck with me but I'm still a functioning human after seeing it. I feel jipped. ANYWAYS...

So we're in the theatres and the first two kills happen. He gets up and was like I have to go to the washroom. I was sitting there like '...okay but this shit is going to go off soon and you're going to miss it but suit yourself chief.' So I continued to watch the movie, got really sucked into it and then realised that the final kill was coming up and he still wasn't back. Now I had a couple thoughts. He either abandoned me, was having a rough time in the washroom or got lost coming back somehow.

I had a choice to make. I finish the movie and then find him or leave before final big showdown of the movie. I chose to be a good person, gathered up all our stuff and went to go see what happened to this dumbass who is making me miss the last bit of this movie.

Soooo...I found him in the lobby. With a cup of water in one hand and granola bar in another, he recounted what happened to me. Turns out a combo of not eating that day and messed up from the scene where the girl pulls the needle or whatever out of her eye, he had ended up passing out and hitting his head off the counter. He was okay besides being embarrassed and also disappointed that he couldn't get the security footage of it happening. What a time...

ashley 🌙 liked this review