Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★★

Let me give you a little backstory when it comes to me and the character of spider-man. I have always loved the character since i was a young boy and he is in my opinion the most relatable comic book character of all time. This is why i am extremely proud to announce that this is the best spider man movie since Sam Raimi's "Spider Man 2" and it is also one of the best comic book films ever made. Firstly, The film is animated in very unique and distinctive way that gives the film an extreme since of energy and style that i've never seen in an animated film before. It reminds me of the first times i ever saw "Shaun Of The Dead" , "Hot Fuzz", "The World's End" or "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World". In fact, I'd even go as far to say that it has the complete feel of an Edgar Wright film.

Another positive for the film is the characterization. The main character is named Miles Morales and he is a great main character has an extremely interesting arc that we can all relate to. As interesting as Miles Morales is, He has a very interesting cast of side characters to work off of that are also super interesting in their own right. I'd actually like to see each of these characters get their own standalone films and that saying quite a bit.

This movie also takes a lot of risks in terms of it's portrayal of the Spider Man mythology and it's risk that i feel payed off! The film decides to actually poke fun at the Spider Man character in the beginning but then decides to reaffirms why we connect with it so much and the importance of the character. This can be credited to the very smart and clever script that is written by Phil Lord who was one of the masterminds behind another animated classic called "The Lego Movie".

The voice acting is also superb. Shameik Moore, Jake Johnson, Nicolas Cage, and Hailee Steinfeld all do such a great job in the sense that they are completely unrecognizable and you only hear the characters speaking instead of most animated films that use pointless celebrity actors just to simply rake in the most money possible.

lastly, The greatly curated soundtrack lends a great sense of rhythm and propulsiveness with plenty of banging' hip hop tracks from both yesteryear and the present.

Overall, This is my favorite film of the year and it is one of my favorite comic book films of all time and i highly recommend you financially support this one as it deserves a sequel. I'm giving this one my first official 10 out of 10!

Brandon Beveridge liked this review