Aliens ★★★★★

Quick Thoughts - not well deciphered or structured as delivered from the brain but I will throw it out there any way.

You want a cool cross over world franchise? How about Blade Runner with Aliens. Have the spinoff timeline pick up right after the first Blade Runner and after this. The style might not fit when compared to Cameron and Scott's movies but that wouldn't matter if the Director was uber confident with a strong vision who connected with people well. You know, some one like the guy who did Blade Runner 2049, wink, wink.

After 30 years it's still one of the most intense thrill rides cinema has ever welcomed into the fraternity of great movies. From the incredible special effects, the tight plot that still makes me pucker up with terror, to the motley bunch of misfits and tough hombre's. What's not to love?! Bill Paxton and Jenette Goldstein get the best lines. (Pvt. Hudson: "I don't know if you've been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked pal!") Or at least they're my favorite. But the cast each have something that makes them a little sassy.

And we haven't even talked about the miniatures, set design, tight editing and pulse pounding score. I can see why some people are thrill junkies. Because when this was all said and done I was bouncing off the wall with adrenaline.

SnowboardJunkie liked these reviews