A Wrinkle in Time ★★

After watching A Wrinkle in Time, this is how I imagine the scoring session meetings between director Ava DuVernay and composer Ramin Djawadi went…

"Ramin, I need overly dramatic, but instantly forgettable music for this establishing shot.
Ramin, I need overly dramatic, but instantly forgettable music for this close-up shot.
Ramin, I need overly dramatic, but instantly forgettable music for this low angle shot.
Ramin, I need overly dramatic, but instantly forgettable music for this pan shot.
Ramin, I need overly dramatic, but instantly forgettable music for this two-shot.
Ramin, I need overly dramatic, but instantly forgettable music for this ariel shot.
Ramin, I need overly dramatic, but instantly forgettable music for this money shot.

Oh, and I have 75 more close-up shots that will need overly dramatic, but instantly forgettable music. Do you think you can handle this?"

Ramin Djawadi delivered every single time. And delivered to the point where at times the score actually removed any emotional journey the film was attempting to take you on.

solarno liked this review