Good Time

Good Time ★★★★★

I think something very important is happening and it's deeply connected to my purpose

Non stop intensity. Is it better than Uncut Gems? Hard to choose, but I think this one is more real and anxiety inducing. Some of it gets a little far-fetched, but the plot is somewhat plausible by movie logic.

Second time watching this. I threw it on with some friends just to show them the opening scene and how it starts off so intense right off the bat.

My friend mentioned Uncut Gems without even knowing the Safdie brothers made both films. We talked about how the soundtracks are similar in how they both use heavy synths. They have wonderful use of color and reflections. I love the cinematography of these movies. Also has similar pacing. It was a fun movie to watch with friends.

At the end we discussed what the film was about, and how Nick is now free to choose his own path now that he’s free from his brother. Also how choices we make are justified based on the circumstances, and there’s no low Connie won’t stoop to in order to do what he thinks is right. I think it’s a sign of a good film when it makes you think and discuss with your friends. This is definitely a movie that will leave a lasting impression.

5/5