• Currently moving my ratings from IMDB to Letterboxd... I have a favourites list and loads of director ranks lol.
• If I 🧡 a film then my…
Child actors probably shouldn’t be playing roles like this. Though the same is true for Taxi Driver, American Beauty and Come and See. Everyone on this app seems to have assessed those films on their own merits rather than following a reactionary bandwagon of hate. So watch the fucking film, come to your own conclusion, and don’t write it off because Netflix can’t promote a film for their lives.
(The thoughts of a broken man) Wrote these as I watched;
Stuff I like:
• Rachel (unproblematic Queen)
• Marco (unproblematic King)
• Scene where Rachel goes off on Elle
• Seeing Noah unhappy when Elle kisses Marco
Stuff I dislike:
• Joey King on a motorbike
• When Lee jokes about the time Elle was sexually harassed
• Joey King’s overly long analysis of Marco’s abs
• Lee’s race to save Elle from the microphone
• Lee sucking a…
Yes I rewatched this, no I’m not a racist.
Note: I thought I should probably add that I think the second half of this is one of the most morally abhorrent things ever put to the big screen. My ignorant self watched this without an inkling that this was extremely racist and so after reaching the half-way intermission (the first half is much more of an anti-war film and has little racism) I thought it was going to be one…