Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★★★

An excellent finale to the highly-acclaimed Avengers trilogy.

Time travelling is a trope that tends to be quite cliche within the world of filmmaking, but Endgame executes it well with very little plot holes, and the story throughout is presented in a gripping, entertaining, emotional and humorous manner.

Speaking of humour, this film does a great job in terms of presenting jokes and lightening the mood of the film, which was highly necessary considering the tragic resolution of Infinity War.

The final battle, of course, is a highly emotional and entertaining climax. I find it quite impossible not to get goosebumps after witnessing the greatly anticipated resurrection and reunion of all the heroes whom we all love.

Iron Man's heroic sacrifice was certainly a tear-jerker, and a sensational way to wrap up his role in the MCU and the avengers trilogy as a whole. This moment allows us to reflect all the sacrifices, blood, sweat and tears that each hero has put in saving the world, for the past 11 years.

Overall, an emotional and fitting conclusion to the avengers trilogy. A must-watch for anyone who loves MCU films, Marvel comics, or just film in general. Honestly I had concerns that this finale might disappoint considering the already exciting and fruitful buildup of the MCU, but now I have no doubt that this will go down as one of the greatest MCU film I have ever watched, if not the greatest.

SonicQuantum liked these reviews