La Haine

La Haine ★★★★½

“Heard about the guy who fell off a skyscraper? On his way down past each floor, he kept saying to reassure himself: So far so good... so far so good... so far so good. How you fall doesn't matter. It's how you land!“

There have been so many people who have articulated their thoughts about this film so much better then i’m about to. It’s difficult to condense this film down to a review. It’s a searing and utterly hopeless film covering police brutality. It has to be, having to mount and hold the responsibility of fixing such a damaged system isn’t something hopeful. This responsibility isn’t something that should be thrusted onto people as their only option to get ride of corruption. A single person can’t fix this. That isn’t a way to despair or discourage people for wanting change. One person is fulling  capable of starting a conversation but it’s about what we do from there.

the camera work was incredible. It wasn’t only inventive and something I haven’t really ever seen but it added a lawyer of empathy. It brought us close and intimate with the characters. It was super engaging pulling us into the story and forcing us to look.

anna liked these reviews