Everybody Wants Some!! ★★★★½

Stand By Me, Dazed and Confused, and Everybody Wants Some is the greatest trilogy of all-time. It might not be an official trilogy, but in my eyes it is. We look into the lives of middle schoolers, high schoolers, and college students. Also known as the 3 main stages of a young person's life and each film is done brilliantly. You could even substitute School of Rock for Stand By Me to make it a Linklater trilogy.

Everybody Wants Some is a complete and utter joy. A film so full of life and spirit. A party movie with a message. I never wanted this film to end. All of the characters are absolutely fantastic. Everyone gets their moment to shine. Glen Powell was the highlight performance for me. He spits so much knowledge throughout the entire film. He was very similar to Dazed and Confused's Wooderson. And then my favorite single moment was from Juston Street, he plays the guy from Detroit. If you've seen the movie then you know what I'm talking about.

There is not a better director working today who can capture the essence of a moment. Linklater is also one of if not the most authentic directors out there.

If time travel ever exists, I'm going back in time and going to college in the 1980s.

Evan liked these reviews