Ex Machina ★★★★★

Wait, so you're here to tell me Ex Machina is the first film Alex Garland has ever directed? There's just no way that can be true.

I can't get over how well made this film is. The film is absolutely beautiful to look at. My eyes were glued to the screen because of the sheer beauty of what I was seeing. My jaw even dropped from time to time due to some of the incredible shots in this film. I was afraid to blink because I was in-fear of missing the next great shot. Along with looking great, Ex Machina also contains several great performances. Oscar Isaac continues to prove why he is one of my favorite working actors today. He is so excellent in this movie. Alicia Vikander, who plays Ava (the robot) is also fantastic. She is impossible to read, you really never know what her motives are.

Ex Machina is why Sci-Fi is my favorite genre of film. To me there's nothing quite like a great science fiction film. Ex Machina has all the elements you want to see in a Sci-Fi film. Its got: a great story, incredibly interesting ideas, powerful performances, dazzling special effects, mind-blowing cinematography, an amazing soundtrack, and its even quite funny. Here I am 3 hours after watching this movie and I still can't stop thinking about it. I've got a feeling I will be thinking about this in days to come.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that this is Alex Garland's first film. I can't wait to see what he does next. I can't give him enough praise.

Evan liked these reviews