Godzilla vs. Kong

Godzilla vs. Kong ★★★★

Let’s goooo!

First of all let me say, I think they’ve done a really damn good job with this monster universe. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed all the entries (Godzilla 2014, Kong: Skull Island 2017, and Godzilla: King of the Monsters 2019).

Now we have Godzilla vs. Kong. We’re talking a George Foreman vs. Muhammad Ali type of fight here. The two titans face off and they do not disappoint. Look, I love Godzilla, but King Kong is my guy and he absolutely popped off! My mans was throwing some fuckin nasty haymakers!

Visually I thought this was amazing. Some of the best CGI I’ve seen in all honesty. The monsters, the landscapes, and everything else in between looked great to me. The Hong Kong city fight at the end was the chef’s kiss.

Awesome score/soundtrack too. All of the music choices were great IMO.

I just love giant monsters in cool looking cities or landscapes fighting and destroying things. It’s my shit. Random shoutout to Pacific Rim because I love that movie for the same reasons.

The more I think about Godzilla vs. Kong, the more and more I like it. Like what else do y’all want? The biggest issues I had with Godzilla: King of the Monsters was 1. Monster fights at night 2. Too much focus on the human characters. This movie corrects both of those issues ten fold.

Evan liked these reviews