Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★½

Loved A LOT of moments in this. But didn't love the movie as a whole. The characters are freaken great. Leo & Brad are electric. Margot Robbie is a wonder. Margaret Qualley.....wow. I don't think I've seen Dakota Fanning since War of the Worlds!? I'm just somewhat conflicted on how I feel about the movie in it's entirety. I think this is one that will marinate more and more as time goes on and also one that I will grow to like more and more upon more viewings. Time will tell. For now I would consider this one of Tarantino's lesser films, but it is still very solid. And of course the last 15 minutes are fucking incredible.

I've seen several people compare this to The Big Lebowski and I think that's a great comparison. After my first viewing of TBL I pretty felt the exact same way I did after seeing this. Now after multiple viewings The Big Lebowski is not only my favorite comedies of all time, it's also one of my favorite movies in general of all time. Here's to hoping the same thing happens with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Evan liked these reviews