Ouija: Origin of Evil

Ouija: Origin of Evil ★★★½

The period-piece aesthetic is done absolutely brilliantly. The look and feel to this movie is awesome. Flanagan makes it really easy for the viewer to become immersed into this world.

When Kids are in a horror movie they can make or break the film. Take The Witch for example. Not only did that film contain the best child acting I've ever seen in a horror film, but also some of the best child acting I've ever seen in any film period. In Ouija: Origin of Evil case, the child acting makes the movie! Lulu Wilson was pretty fantastic (she's the younger sister). I was genuinely afraid of her character. She says this line of dialogue to a male character that had me squirming in my seat. The older sister Annalise Basso does a really good job as well (she's the girl from Oculus). You care about what happens to these people which is crucial for a horror film to be successful (in most cases). Don't get me wrong the acting in this movie is no where near the brilliance of the acting in The Witch, but it's very good nonetheless.

I never saw the Ouija movie from 2014, but I can only assume this one is 10 times better. This film is scary, well written, and well acted; which makes for another solid horror movie to come out in 2016.

Evan liked these reviews