Unbreakable ★★★★★

Film #7 of Gustav's M. National Shyamalan-a-thon

I cannot believe how good Unbreakable was. I didn't just like the film, I loved it. M. Night Shyamalan was in total control of this movie. There was no BS. No dialogue that made you say WTF. This was a genuinely great movie. Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson were both superb in their roles. I never lost interest at all during this film, I was engaged from start to finish. It was realistic, perfectly paced, and very well written.

Unbreakable is one of the best Super Hero films I've seen. It is by far the best origins super hero film ever made. We learn the origins of David (Bruce Willis). It shows us what super powers might look like in reality. We don't need to be able to fly, become invisible, or have a flashy costume to be a hero. You can be classified as a hero for just doing the right thing. Helping someone in need can make you a hero. This story taught me that people have all kinds of potential that we usually ignore. Usually because we are scared. However, when we are able to find our true potential; the sky is the limit. The biggest lesson I learned watching this is to believe in yourself. Unbreakable IS M. Night Shyamalan's BEST movie. Seriously I was pretty blown away. This was a story told right by Shyamalan.

Evan liked these reviews