Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ★★★★½

This is perhaps the best superhero spy film of all time. It's definitely up there with some Mission Impossible movies. But my goodness - this movie kicks so much ass as a sequel. I'm going to be honest and say I did not expect this movie to be so amazing before watching it in theaters for the first time. There are so many intricate parallels between Captain America and the Winter Soldier, Steve and Natasha have amazing chemistry together, there are many twists and turns, and fantastic dialogue.

Oh, and the score is awesome too. I was annoyed when I saw Alan Silvestri was not going to be returning for the second installment of Captain America. However, was curious to see what Henry Jackman would come up with. He hit the nail right on the head with this one. Alan Silvestri's score is still the theme I associate with the character of Captain America, but it is a time-locked theme associated with the greatest generation. It belongs in World War II. Henry Jackman's score instead focuses on the darkened world of modern espionage and its moral shades. But even with those darker notes, you can sense the moral ideals of Steve Roger rising above that gray. Great score for the movie and Cap in a modern era.

MCU Ranked