Mulholland Drive

Mulholland Drive ★★★★½

I have never seen any David Lynch film before so I had no idea about his film-making style but, many have said that Lynch's 'Mulholland Drive' is a masterpiece. On a weekend when there's no distraction of mind, I started watching it.

I didn't really get what exactly happened, I re-watched the second half, still confused with the mystifying characters. The narrative method is so complex, it ignores the simplicity of story throughout the movie. so many new characters are constantly introduced and going vanished till the end. Tried to find the links between the plots and that gave me a brain-fuck. I'm not going with the story-line of this film because I don't know what to explain.
What is it basically? A dream or a hallucination? or Is it a dream-telling in such non-linear manner?
I thought in the end, it will solve all the puzzles but the movie ends with few mysteries which let the audience think. Once I found the connection between the plots, I was astounded by Lynchian neo-noir non-linear film-making.

Naomi Watts, Laura Harring, Justin Theorux.. they are perfectly suitable for this role-play. I like that Cowboy's short role as well. It is really impressive. The conversation between Cowboy and Adam which I consider as one of the best scene, goes like this.
Cowboy: A man's attitude goes some ways, the way his life will be. Is that something you might agree with?
Adam: Sure.
Cowboy: Now did you answer because you thought that's what i wanted to hear? or did you think about what i said and answer cause you truly believe that to be right ?
Adam: I agree with what you said.. truly.
Cowboy: What did i say?
Adam: That a man's attitude determine to a large extent how his life will be.
Cowboy: So since you agree you must be a person who doesn't care about a good life.

This kind of psychological film will make most of the audience either to be angry or to loose patience. But if one tries to go deep into it, will be astounded for sure.

#Lynchian