The Peanut Butter Falcon ★★★★½

What an amazing film! It's not amazing due to some stunning story or more importantly due to some emotional manipulation which many directors and actors would have resorted to in order to get the cheap feels. None of that here. It's a genuine story about 3 different kinds of outcasts in society. A 3-some that finds each other and creates what seems to be a temporary family

There's genuine emotion that's never played for tearjerking and it makes it ever so powerful. It was a tale that had a mini-adventure for said outcasts which wasn't so important as the journey.

And while I will say that Dakota Johnson was fine in the film, and Zack Gottsagen proves himself worthy of carrying his weight in film, the real star is Shia LeBeouf. Showcasing the potential we always hear he has and sometimes see, LeBeouf gives a truly special performances. Making not-so obvious choices - times he could have gone over the top with a showcase moment, he chose to instead be more subtle - and the film is much stronger for it.

Bonus points for the performance by Thomas Haden Church and the appearance of wrestling greats Jake "the Snake" Roberts and Mick Foley during the wrestling bits.

About the only negative I'd give it is that it has quite an abrupt ending, but maybe that's because I wanted to spend more time with these characters than I got to.