John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum ★★★★

“It wasn’t just a puppy.”

Yet another bloody, beautiful ballet of violence, this time with an actual ballet! Three installments in, “John Wick” continues to be one of the greatest action franchises in recent memory and this third film only further pushes that narrative. The action choreography once again is some next level stuff especially when the murder weapons range from daggers to a book. Keanu Reeves is still absolutely born to play this role and I’m so glad he’s getting his due now because he so deserves it. I can’t believe it’s taken this long but I’m still glad to see it. He’s basically the epitome of John Wick and he once again kills (lol) his performance.

Some of the mythology is a bit muddled this time around but considering an action franchise has this much rich mythology without it getting overly messy it quite an accomplishment. It’s a bit stretched this installment but it still worked well for what has been already established thus far. In accordance with the mythology, the plot is also a little messy but I’m not really watching these movies for their plot. BUT, this series has already established that a plot can matter in a movie with such great action set pieces so I do wish this one had a bit more of a fluid plot.

I would say “John Wick 3” is the “worst” of the franchise but it’s more like my ~least favorite~ of the franchise. It absolutely isn’t a bad movie though so “worst” is not the adjective I really would use to describe this. I don’t even really want to compare these movies to each other because they’re all so consistent. It’s still a great movie filled with some brilliant action scenes we’ve come to expect from this still fantastic franchise.