Night of the Living Dead ★★★★★

You have to take into account the climate this movie was made in. George Romero came out with something that has NEVER been done before, the first modern zombie film. I can only imagine what the the unsuspecting audience members where going through their first time on this wild ride.

I would make the complaint that this movie looks low budget, but compared to independent horror movies today I think it holds up really well. The acting, set design, that stuff doesn't really matter in a good horror anyways. What's important is how scared you get. This still creeps me out and I think I know why.. The amazing sense of closeness you get with the walking dead. Too many horror movies try to move fast to distract you from the action. This crawls and brings the camera right into the face of these monsters.

If you're a fan of the horror genre you can see just how big of an impact this had of every zombie film that came after it. It's not always this easy to trace everything back from the start. Romero actually added something new to the world of movies and for that we have to thank him.