C.H.U.D. II: Bud the Chud

C.H.U.D. II: Bud the Chud ★★

This has nothing to do with the first film but it's got a good song and a great sense of humor. Just ignore the title.

Three teens need a dead body and decide to steal a corpse from a CDC facility of all places. The body is supposed to be the last "CHUD" but he's not. Bud is just Gerrit Graham painted slightly green with sharp teeth. Bud the CHUD slowly zombifies the town in his quest to get the girl of his dreams while the military tries to catch him.

This has some decently funny characters and moments. The dad who watches nature shows is hysterical. He should do an in character commentary for a special edition when it eventually comes out.

Oh, and why the fuck is Robert Englund walking around with kids on Halloween in this? That's an odd way to use him for a cameo.

I picture him showing up and being like...

"Ok guys, what do you want me to do here? Look sinister and say a few lines referencing my other films or something like that?"

And they were like...

"Nah, just hold this kids hand and walk across the street. We're gonna film you from like a block and a half away. One take and you can get the fuck outta here man."

Stankshadow liked these reviews