Eyewitness ★★½

Fairly decent thriller that reminded me of Scarlet Thread in its initial set-up with a robbery gone wrong and the two criminals hiding out in the shadows, then it becomes largely based around the women's ward of a hospital where the eyewitness of the title is unconscious for most of the movie while said criminals try to get in and finish her off before she blabs. There's a fun cast of characters in that ward, particularly the old lady and little girl, and other interesting touches like the hard-of-hearing "henchman" - but there are equally bizarre moments that one wouldn't expect in a movie both written and directed by women - like the man in the pub apparently talking about denying food and even using a whip on his unruly wife (turns out he's really talking about his cocker spaniel, hoho…) and the doctor who, upon seeing the unidentified eyewitness coming into his care, says, ""She's a pretty little thing, I wouldn't mind claiming her myself…" As with some of the stuff in Rattle of a Simple Man there's no way of knowing if this stuff is in there as some kind of knowing commentary on awful men (one hopes), or put in there to appease the awful men who mightn't be happy with women calling the shots, or what… anyway, it's fine…