The Batman

The Batman ★★★★★

The Batman was directed by Matt Reeves and Written by Matt Reeves and Peter Craig. It stars Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz, Paul Dano and Jeffrey Wright.

It’s been 10 years since our last live action Batman film and today The Batman has returned to cinemas with a bang.

Matt Reeves take on The Batman is grittier and darker. In this adaptation of The Batman Bruce Wayne played by Robert Pattinson is more like a detective hunting for a serial killer called the Riddler played by Paul Dano.

Robert Pattinson as Batman was brilliant he’s definitely the  best Batman/Bruce Wayne we’ve had imo. Paul Dano as The Riddler was just unbelievable he was so menacing. One character who I did like was Colin Farrell as Penguin he was unrecognisable Colin Farrell the make up department needed a pat on the back for that transformation. I loved the chemistry between Batman and Selina Kyle played brilliantly by Zoe Kravitz. The supporting characters was awesome as well.

There was great amount of tension throughout the film especially the car chase scene with Penguin getting chased by Batman.

Greig Fraser cinematography in the movie blew me a way I just loved it. I also can’t leave out that score by Michael Giacchino it was on a whole new level I’ll definitely be picking it up on CD and Vinyl.

The director Matt Reeves his vision for this movie paid off excellently. It’s a detective noir film, it’s gritty it’s dark I loved this movie. The 3hrs felt like 2hrs it sucked me into the world of Batman from the beginning.

Overall a fantastic movie which DC and non superhero fans will enjoy thoroughly, I recommend The Batman and I’ll definitely be picking it up on Blu-Ray.
🔙: In The Heights