Knives Out

Knives Out ★★★★★

Award season is on our doorsteps and I for one couldn’t be happier. Now, ask me last week what my pick for best picture at the Oscars might have been and I would have been torn between Parasite and Marriage Story; Now there’s a new contender and it comes in the form of a sleek new black comedy murder story.

Knives Out takes all the best features of a golden age detective film, plucked straight from the 40s and revamps it spectacularly for modern audiences. It deals with a stellar cast and a very quick, sharp and hilarious script which tumbles in on itself over and over again in exciting and unexpected ways. The cast are so spectacular you’ll easily see why they’re still considered Hollywood’s finest.

Knives Out is a film to be explored, over and over again. Every inch of it has been meticulously planned out and there is so much to take in, you won’t know where to focus our eyes.

To sum up: a stylish, sexy, smart and well pace film that will have you on the edge of your seats with admiration.