Borat Subsequent Moviefilm

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm ★★★½

👍74%

2020 Movies List- Click HERE

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm is a flawed but hilariously fun movie. When I first saw this film I was certain that I’d end up rewatching it because of how much fun I had watching Borat’s absurd antics unfold. This film is the type of film that knows exactly what it is and doesn’t care what people think about, oddly enough that can feel enduring despite of how offensive and outrageous aspects of the film are. The acting is definitely this film’s biggest highlight Sasha Baron Cohen disappears into the role of Borat. His performance is a great example of an actor putting his all into skillfully making his character stand out.

Maria Bakalova gives an equally impressive performance as Tutar. She gives one of most surprisingly great performances of 2020, although she probably won’t win I hope she gets nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the upcoming Oscars. There is an abundance of flaws that hold back this film from being great though. It’s obvious that this film won’t age as well as the first film did and in the future it’ll most likely be considered a comedy that aged poorly. Also there is a certain ashy and dry feeling that is built up during the ending. The Usual Suspect-like twist saved the ending from being completely dissatisfying though. Overall Borat Subsequent Moviefilm is a clever and entertaining comedy that can be best described by using two words; very nice.

🔙Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol