Blade Runner 2049 ★★★★★

Since watching 2001 a space odyssey, I was in a sci fi mood. So I chose 1 sci fi movie to watch. It was between The Matrix, Inception and Blade Runner 2049. I chose blade runner 2049 of course.

Its a criminally underrated sci fi movie. Its a original movie, expanding alot from the first movie. The cinematography by Roger Deakins is one of the best I have ever seen. He deserved the oscar. The scene when Gosling is walking in the desert is phenomenal. Its a beautiful shot. The visual effects is really good. The direction by Dennis is excellent. He should have gotten nominated for best director. The writing is good. It isn't hard to follow. You don't really need to watch the first movie to understand this.
The performances is oscar worthy, much better acting than the first movie. Harrison Ford gave one of his best performances. Ryan Gosling is such a excellent actor. I didnt even know he was in this by the end of the movie. He doesnt really come up in the best actor list, but he disappears into his roles often. I havent seen a bad performance by him.

All the shots in the movie is beautiful and stunning. Its eyegasm. The plot is interesting. But the pacing is slow and people find that boring. I, hovewer, do not understand how you can be bored by this masterpiece. The shots, acting, cinematography and writing makes this extremely entertaining.

My favourite scene in this movie was the restaurant sequence with Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling fighting. It was awesome. The Elvis presley singing and staticking fits so well with the sequence.
The ending had me on the edge of my seat. It was intense and riveting.
And how the hell did it not get nominated for best picture. It was the best movie of 2017 and probably my favorite movie of the decade. Its definitely my top 20. The soundtrack was also amazing. One of the greatest sequels of all time.
5/5
Do I like it better than the original? Well, I think their on the same level. Both are masterpieces. People who love the original will love this. I might watch another sci fi movie next.

Marco liked these reviews