Housebound

Housebound ★★★★

There were so many funny one-liners in this film, that I almost want to go back and write them all down so I can pick my favourite for my review, but I wanna write about it now and I don't have time to do that.

I've said it before and I will say it again, 2014 has been an absolute cracker of a year for NZ cinema. Housebound is a great mixture of suspense & frights, laughter & heart and some decent horror gore!

Morgana O'Reilly is completely unlikeable and I felt like reaching into the screen, giving her a good slapping and telling her to respect her mother! But that just goes to show what a great job she did and I loved the way her character and her relationships developed over the length of the film.
Rima Te Wiata was awesome, I've seen her in very roles of the years on local TV and movies, but I can't ever really remember enjoying her the way I did in Housebound, I swear she gave me the most laughs of all. Glen-Paul Waru was pretty funny as well.

I think the thing I liked most about Housebound is it kept changing lanes, so I couldn't see where it was going to take me next. I can't say too much without spoiling the ending, but I really enjoyed it and had a great time with it, especially after Into the Storm lol.

Tarryn-tino liked these reviews