Why did nobody tell me this movie was six hundred years long 😐🔫
Watched for the September episode of Deathwatch - coming September 28.
I had a fantastic time going through Criterion's new blu-ray of Tarkovsky's ANDREI RUBLEV, which somehow manages to be both dreary and enlightening at the same time. Read all about it:
A magnificent experience. Which includes:
- A double take that could have been better executed by an upside-down mop
- Axis jumps so severe I became nauseous
- A guy who pronounces it "vangina"
- A sex scene that sure seems like it's about to turn into a game of "I'll show you mine" between adults who have known each other since they were sibling-like children
- A slow pan over to a pizza restaurant called "Sal's" at which point…