Gabrielle’s review published on Letterboxd:
If you so much THINK about shitting on this movie, I urge you to unfollow me.
There's no talking about it, not in any depth. What I can say is:
- Alan Silvestri is the best composer of all time.
- The Russo Brothers actually learned how to cinema, in a quite unbelievably spectacular and visionary fashion.
- Remember they compared Thanos to Darth Vader? Darth Vader is a bitch on a leash next to Thanos. And so is the comic book Thanos. THIS here is a REAL villain, a REAL character with perfect development and depth.
- Thanos' CGI is the most realistic CGI renderization ever made in film. It's scary realistic.
- There's one scene where Thanos retrieves a specific Infinity Stone that's gonna go down as an icon in cinema history and should be studied in film school.
- The action sequences are every bit as insane as you could hope they would be. Like I said, the Russos actually learned. There's not a single shaking cam take here. Everything's smooth and the set pieces are as clever as they are colossal.
That's all I'm gonna say for now. Expect more soon.