The Mitchells vs. The Machines

The Mitchells vs. The Machines ★★★★★

100

Every once in a while comes a movie that just... Completely knocks you off your ground. You didn't expect it. it was just something that caught your attention and looked good and then BOOM... It's absolute perfection on every level. Every second of its runtime, every line of dialogue, every pixel of its frames is designed to utter perfection. And you just know you're watching cinematic history. It's got those authentic, deep layers of earnestness and heart in a clever way that most movies of its kind only scratch the surface. It's got that fresh, visionary artistic stamp all over it. It challenges you thematically and it constantly challenges you visually. It's so goddamn creative at every step of the way that you can't help but to have a stupid smile on your face through the whole thing. It's that movie that makes you think "this is truly cinema at its fullest force". That's The Mitchells vs. The Machines. I don't think my mind could possibly capture in words the extent of this film's greatness, I don't even know how to fathom that thought. It's a masterpiece and one of the greatest motion pictures to come out in the last 10 years at least. The fact that it even exists is almost as jaw-dropping an achievement as the film itself is as pure art. For crying out loud, watch it, support it. Please.

Gabrielle liked this review