Every now and then I need to remind myself that I still don’t like superhero movies. The Stories are generic an foreseeable, the motivations are thin and simple and it feels like they repeat the same story over and over again, with nothing new to tell. Wonder Woman has a female heroine played by the very charismatic and fun to watch Gal Gadot, all the other problems are still there.
Excuse me, I need to puke.
The Message of the Movie:
- God, Country and Family, in exactly that order
- Don't ever question military decisions, do your job
- Post-War Trauma is resolved by going to the shooting range
- Mass murderer are heroes
- The male members of the family are there to protect the female
- Violence is legit to solve problems
- Teach your children to be emotionless puppets
Let's summarize: Hooray to patriotism, nationalism, sexism and violence. Thank god there's no sex scene in it, the american public would be outraged.