Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★★

What? How? How is this possible?
When this movie was announced I had my doubts. A Spider-Man movie that would feature Miles Morales with a bunch of other Spider-People, created by Sony Pictures Animations. The studio that brought us the disasters known as, Open Season, Hotel Transylvania 2 and 3 and The Emoji Movie. How would they handle a Spider-Man film? I thought they might screw it up by being to safe, not taking any risk or not focusing on Miles Morales, but when I saw one of the trailers, I was sold. I was still a bit scared, but I had hopes.

The same day as I was going to see the movie, I saw that it was all the way up in number nine on Letterboxd 250, so I got pretty excited. This is the first movie, in a long time, that I have been genuinely excited to see in the cinema. I think the las movie was probably Star Wars: The Force Awakens. And by God, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse blew my expectations away. This is one of the best movies I have seen, it might even surpass The Big Lebowski in being my favorite movie of all time.

I am a huge fan of animation, and the animation style this movie used is insanely good. The movie is created in a way that it looks like you’re reading a comic book. Dots and lines everywhere, I love it! The use of color is great and I loved the way they handled the focus of a shot, very creative. The soundtrack of the film fit perfectly and had an awesome song by Post Malone called Sunflower.

There were so many good characters in this movie. Shameik Moore did a pretty good job voice acting Miles Morales, but the best voice actor was Nicholas Cage. I’m kind of joking here, but also kind of not. Nicholas Cage as Noir Spider-Man fit perfectly and made me laugh almost every time he was on screen. Most of the characters was well written and animated and such, only had a few gripes with some of them, but it didn’t bother me too much.

This might be one of the funniest films I’ve seen, at least for a while. I was laughing all the way through and some of the time I was on the verge of crying, because of emotional scenes. It’s weird how emotional I got at times. The jokes landed almost every time, at least for me, and the emotional scenes didn’t get cut with jokes. It was a good mix.

There were so many shots and moments that got me in awe. So many stunning and beautiful scenes, especially when Miles got his suit. That was incredible. You can really see and feel how much effort the animators, writers and everyone working on this movie, put into this movie. Even the credits were incredibly well made, and is one of the most entertaining credits I’ve seen.

In my opinion, I do think this is the best Spider-Man movie that has been released. There were so many creative things they could do with the spider powers since it was animation and not live action. I don’t know what to say, it was simply awesome

Overall, this might be my favorite movie of all time. I’ve got to see it one more time to make up my mind, but it is pretty close. I have probably hyped up this movie more than intended, but it’s just because I love this movie. I suggest to go into this movie with an open mind, and not really think what everyone else thinks, make up your own opinion. But I loved this movie, and I can’t wait to see it again.