Avengers: Infinity War

Avengers: Infinity War ★★★

It's been about a week since I've last watched a movie. Last weekend, for my birthday, my parents surprised me with a trip to New York City for a day where we saw Chicago and The Lion King on Broadway (which was an amazing experience) and I've been studying for my APUSH Exam. So, it was a nice relief to finally go to the theater and watch this movie, which I've been looking forward to for awhile (as we all have) and... I liked it. But, let's not pretend it's some flawless masterpiece of a movie, because it most certainly isn't. Abrupt tone shifts often take away from the intensity of the film, and it's just too much to take in. There's other things but, I'm not going to get into spoilers here, so I'll save that for another day. Overall, I feel like this is one of those films where, upon a rewatch, because there isn't enough of a good story, it's not super re-watchable. Still, I liked it, but my inital fears of it were sadly confirmed - not to say I didn't overall enjoy it, though. But, I'll always prefer solo MCU films that don't involve cross-overs (ex. Iron Man, Black Panther) and are more story-driven.

thecinemalover liked these reviews