John Wick: Chapter 2

John Wick: Chapter 2 ★★★★★

I know...........GUNG-FU!

Keanu Reeves is officially back as the Boogeyman himself as he is forced out of retirement and must go on a wild chicken run while also having an expensive bounty on his headshot in this adrenaline-filled pure action explosion of an action sequel done in all the right ways. It was one of my most anticipated films of the year and it did not let me down. Watching John Wick 2 made me feel like I was a little kid at a candy store who enjoys the bloody glory out of this kick-ass film called John Wick 2.

There have been a countless number of action sequels that have elevated the crystal clear quality from its predecessors. Here's a runner-up: Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Aliens, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Spider-Man 2, The Dark Knight, etc.

And John Wick: Chapter 2 is no exception! The sequel basically doubles down everything that made the first one so great and then enlarged the mythological John Wick Cinematic Universe with bloody-tastic action sequences and brilliant story-telling that fully put the audience enthralled cause our main heroic character has one task he needs to finish while also having everyone else with the desire to collect the bounty on his tail. The thing I adored so much about these underrated action movies is the fact that Keanu Reeves was able to fully incorporate his full charisma & likability and carry these movies throughout the entire run-times. That's a good thing because you immediately cared about him that he's the good-natured hitman who has one thought in his mind: Good-old bloody REVENGE!!!!

I never had this much 'fun' in a theater in a very long time. John Wick: Chapter 2 did its justice by delivering us a nicely-wrapped present with a nice blood splatter on it that reminds us why the first one took us by a huge surprise and we're now begging to see more out of the titular character. After the movie faded to black, I was thinking to myself, "No! Chapter 3, I need MMOOOOOOORRRREEEE!!!!"

I originally wanted to give the film a 4.5, but Keanu Reeves made the film even better in terms of how much bloody fun I had in the theater. So, in this case, 5 out of 5 Stars it is!!

Grade: A

Lego Batman Movie? You're next!

William (first account) liked these reviews