Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Terminator 2: Judgment Day ★★★★★

Viewed the Special Edition Cut

25 years later, Terminator 2: Judgment Day still holds the golden medal as the "Best Action Film Ever Made!!!" for 25 reasons:

#1 - James Cameron: The Master of Sci-Fi Action Film-Making
#2 - Mr. Arnold aka the 38th Governor of California, The Man Himself
#3 - The T-1000 being one of the deadliest basterds in any action film ever
#4 - Young John Connor being the nice kid you always wanted
#5 - Sarah Connor as one of the ultimate females bad-asses in any film ever.
#6 - Groundbreaking CGI masterwork
#7 - The Resistance against the Machines as one of the greatest openings to any film ever.
#8 - Brad Fiedel's heart-pounding score
#9 - Bad to the Bone song in the bar scene: AWESOME!!!!!
#10 - Kyle Reese is Back, Baby! (In the deleted scene in the Special Edition)
#11 - Speaking of the Special Edition, I strongly believe that this is the more advanced version to view the film because of the fact that you'll be able to nitpick hidden treasures that you didn't get and wanted to learn more about.
#12 - Fast-paced action sequences that still hold up to this very day.
#13 - 4 Oscars Won including Best Visual Effects and Best Sound Editing
#14 - Became the Best Summer Blockbuster of 1991
#15 - Influenced popular culture
#16 - I wish I have a bodyguard like the T-800 whenever my parents are dead.
#17 - Spawned the Awesome T2 3-D: Battle Across Time at Universal Studios in 1996, the year I was born.
#18 - The nightmare within Sarah's mind being paranoid about the whole world being annihilated.
#19 - The pitch-perfect writing for an action movie
#20 - The swift cinematography (NOT the kind where you see in most action movies nowadays. Yes. I'm talking about you, Olivier MegaTRON!)
#21 - The memorable monologue that Sarah Connor gave about the lone warrior being the protector of John Connor.
#22 - Still remains as one of my Top 10 favorite films EVER!!!!!!!!
#23 - The character development within John and Sarah Connor with John going from a rebellious kid who steals money from the bank and playing arcade games to being a respectful human being and Sarah going from being afraid about the future of the machines to understanding that there's always someone to protect her and can control her own destiny.
#24 - The ending made me ball in tears as a 20 year old.
#25 - Hasta la vista, baby!

As a complete package, Terminator 2: Judgment Day will stand the test of time as it will continue to take the iron throne as the Best Action Movie Ever Made!!!!

Grade: A+

Also, if the franchise would've ended at T2, it would've been the perfect conclusion to the Terminator story. But, Hollywood decided to make 3, 4 and the recent disappointing reboot/sequel, Genisys.

That's Hollywood these days! They just want $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to milk the franchise and having every installment progressively get worse and worse and worse.

Anyways, to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of T2, I want to take this opportunity to wish you guys on Letterboxd a fantastic and safe 4th of July! To my followers out there, you guys are seriously the best!

William (first account) liked these reviews