Under the Silver Lake ★★★★★

'Under the silver lake' is probably the weirdest movie I've seen this year and I love it so freaking much.

While I did enjoy 'It follows', I personally think 'Under the silver lake' surpasses this movie in every single way. I thought the directing was more interesting and ambitious, the characters are way more entertaining, it's so unique and original and it's just really fun to watch.

A lot of people seem to dislike this movie and I can definitely see why, the story is very unpredictable because it goes in very weird directions and I'm sure the ending must of left a lot of people unsatisfied (even if personnaly I freaking loved the ending).

One of the complaints I saw was that Andrew Garfield's character is unlikeable which is true, you're not really supposed to like him, in the first 10-15 minutes he punches a kid in the face and smashes an egg in his mouth. He's very weird, violent, creepy, and if I met someone like him in real life I would feel very uncomfortable. But that's what makes him so interesting to me, he isn't a normal protagonist but he's so entertaining to watch and he makes the movie more unpredictable (and Andrew Garfield's performance is incredible).

It's the kind of movie you need to rewatch because there are so many details I missed on my first viewing, I'm pretty sure when this movie comes out worldwide there are going to be people who are going to do analysis videos on it.

I just can't find a flaw in this movie, I love the cinematography, I love the weird and quircky characters, I love how weird the story becomes and I love the soundtrack. I can't wait to see it a third time, it's not for everyone but it's certainly made for me.

Henri liked these reviews