Brittany Runs a Marathon

Brittany Runs a Marathon ★★★½

Enjoyed this one. I do a lot of running myself and related to a lot of the moments in this. It puts across the big challenges that runners face and how it doesn’t matter if you are doing a 5k or more.... it’s just getting out there and doing it that counts. First or last makes no difference as it’s just your own personal challenges you need to do.

As I watched this there is a moment where she struggled to do what she wanted to do through injury. At that moment I remembered my first run I had signed up for about 5 years ago. I had signed up for the Edinburgh marathon and eventually went to the start line with both knees injured. I gave it my best but never finished. It’s the one run that keeps me driven to push on. Since that run I have completed about 30 10k’s, 30 half marathons, 8 marathons and 3 ultra marathons. I got goosebumps as brittany did her thing and I had wee glance down at my medal collection which is proudly in my movie room.

When it finished I got my running gear on and went for run. Next years challenge is to do 12 ultra marathons in 12 months, one of which is my biggest yet at 53 miles. Don’t know if I can do it but there’s only one way to find out. I will certainly watch this film again to keep my motivation topped up!

Block or Report