No Time to Die

No Time to Die

Y'know those movies where about 20 minutes in you realise "Oh god, there's two more hours of this" and the next two hours are just you sitting there waiting more the movie to finish, sometimes you even try to get to sleep but its too loud. You aren't engaged in the movie, and the cinemas are great, but when you find the movie isn't all that great, god, the environment REALLY doesn't help with trying to find things to distract yourself with, and, once your popcorn bag is empty, however long is left of the film (in this case, an hour and a half) and you just have to endure the boringness of the movie throughout the next hour and a half. You just have to deal with it. Now, of course you could just walk out. But I was not on my own, and my dad was really enjoying it, so... that was my experience with this film. It was not fun, I hated it and the movie was nowhere near as good as I expected.

This is a shame and a massive disappointment, Bond is one of the most well-loved and known movie characters there is, he's up there with Sherlock Holmes, Darth Vader and Harry Potter. He, at this point, is part of culture, which means its a massive deal whenever a new entry comes out, and its an even bigger deal when its the finale to an era, an era of Bond that lasted two decades. So, with this in mind, you'd want something spectacular, something that catches the audience completely off guard with its brilliance and manages to entertain its audience for the whole runtime while climbing to the top of all the critics year-end lists and becoming one of the most liked films of 2021, that's what we all wanted, and I'm sure most of the people in the cinema found it to be good, but not much more, and reading critic reviews, it won't be climbing to the top of any year-end lists. But when its an event as big as this in a franchise, you've really got to put in your all, and that's what I'm fairly sure Cary Joji Fukunaga didn't do, Craig is great, by the way, he always is, and so is Ana De Armas in the parts she's in. The acting isn't the problem, in fact, the acting is great. I think there are two main things that made No Time To Die a boring, lame slog of a film for me, and here they are...

1: The ending
2: The length

So, I get into massive spoilers now, so if you haven't seen it and are going to don't read the rest:

1: The ending

You just know in the next movies there's gonna be some crazily unbelievable way he didn't die or some comeback, or maybe he's gonna have a daughter and our next 007 will be "Jane Bond".

Seriously though, I hated it.

2: The length

This film seriously would have been a lot better if it was an hour and a half or two hours and they cut out all of the filler and boring parts and added in more Ana De Armas, that would be a 4-5 star Bond film.

Anyway so this movie kinda sucks lol

louis™ liked these reviews