Office Uprising ★★★½

Scavenger Hunt 51 - #3 - Watch a movie that you would honestly have little interest in watching except for the fact that it stars an actor/actress who you find attractive (physically or otherwise).

"Any violence is purely coincidental and has nothing to do with me!"

Office Uprising is a true hidden gem (be honest, have you ever even heard of it?). This is one of those cases of seeing a film at the exactly right time for me. It struck a chord and left me cackling in stitches. I really had such a blast watching this. Suffice it to say, I genuinely loved it.

Brenton Thwaites is one of my favorite up-and-comers and Karan Soni is well on his way to becoming another. Both are terrific here, with Thwaites giving an infectiously giddy and delightfully high-energy performance (are we sure he isn't actually American?) and Soni nailing his hilariously neurotic turn. Zachary Levi is also great here and is arguably the most committed actor in the group, chomping scenery. Oh, and speaking of scene-stealers, I can't not call out Gregg Henry who's a treasure as far as I'm concerned (I'm still peeved at whoever axed The Riches).

This movie is just filled to the brim with painfully accurate humor that anyone who's ever worked in an office can relate to. That, coupled, with the clear joy radiating from everyone who worked on this in front of and behind the camera, made it easy to overlook its flaws and had me grinning from ear to ear for damn near the entire thing.

I loved the characters, I laughed a lot, and I wanted to see it all again as soon as it was over. This is a instant favorite for me and one I'm sure I'll revisit when I'm in need of a shot of pure manic glee.

P.S. Nothing but respect for MY Robin.
P.P.S. The Belko Experiment could never.

Favorite Movies