thelistislife42’s review published on Letterboxd:
I actually finished this a number of hours ago, so most of my thoughts have faded, but here are some of the big ones:
1. I really liked all the acting, the directing, and the cinematography, as is usual for a Tarantino film. The writing was also really solid and I liked a lot of the editing. This might be his best looking film.
2. That moment at the end when Kerry Washington plugs her ears is so amazing.
3. Samuel L. Jackson's final line felt like a nod to Tuco's final line from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
4. The over-the-top violence was really cool and served the last half hour or so greatly. Speaking of which, the climax was so good.
5. Overall, it was a highly enjoyable and absolutely epic experience.
My List (Top 500 Films of All Time)
My Favorites (Top 250 Films of All Time)
Ranking: 2018, First Time Watches
Top 100 Films of the Past 25 Years
Top 50 Films of the 21st Century
Top 50 2000s Films
Top 10 Western Films
Best Picture of Each Year (1920-2018)