Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

8/10
"We love Pussy."
"Yes we do."

My second watch.
Okay, I see you, Quentin. I see what you're up to. Too many bare feet, maybe, but at least you gave us shirtless Brad Pitt.

I went to see this again today, except with my mom this time around. It's safe to say she is decidedly not a fan of Tarantino or his work, so I'm glad to say that she loved this one.

This movie worked a lot more for me the second time around. Don't get me wrong, I loved it the first time, but knowing what to expect meant that I was totally into what Tarantino was going for. I felt the tension and comedy less because I'd already seen it all, but I fell in love with everything I wasn't quite on board with when I first watched it. It's brilliant, hilarious, exciting, and immersive, and I want these characters as friends. That climax is perfect and the emotions of the ending really hit me this time around. It's most certainly Tarantino's sincerest and most heartfelt film, not to mention the most chill yet simultaneously one of his angriest. Maybe my favorite movie of the year so far and one of the most unique, inventive, and exhilarating cinematic experiences of recent years.

"You're a good friend, Cliff."
"I try."