Saw V

Saw V ★★½

For a Saw movie, it’s pretty cool and marks a good direction for the series. And I kinda like when they give background for past movies, which I’m noticing more and more throughout these films. I don’t know if it’s necessarily always believable or substantial, but in the Saw franchise I’ll choose to count my blessings. Like the very cool traps this movie has!

The editing is much more relaxed too. I could do without the abundance of noticeable CGI blood, but what can you do? And I really wish Hoffman’s character was a bit more interesting. I guess it’s cool that he’s been working with Jigsaw since before we were aware, but the more they try to pull that trick where they reveal something about past films, the less I believe they had a plan all along as opposed to them winging it as they go. I guess I shouldn’t complain when I really dig the original confrontation between John Kramer and Hoffman. When they give us cool scenes like that, it kinda works. Anyway, I’m looking forward to the next installment.

Saw Ranked