2001: A Space Odyssey

2001: A Space Odyssey ★★★★★

Happy 1st Anniversary to me and this work of art!

Exactly one year ago on May 29, 2015, I watched Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece 2001: A Space Odyssey. I was blown away immediately from the moment I experienced the first scenes and sequences of this film. My life in films and life in general has honestly never been the same since that faithful day. This is without a doubt, my favorite movie of all-time and is the greatest motion picture to ever grace the silver screen in my opinion. From start to finish, I am constantly in utter awe. Thank you, Mr. Kubrick. Thank you for showing us that movies are more than just story telling, as it is also an art form. Thank you for changing the world of cinema with this one piece of pure genius and creativity.

I look forward to another year of realizing that all other films I see basically cannot surpass your greatness, 2001: A Space Odyssey. I'll be honest, a couple have come close to it, but that's as far as most of them have gone. I might eventually run into something better this year, I am open to that possibility, but I doubt that would happen. 'Til May 29, 2017!

Theon liked these reviews