Here's the Plan ★★★★½

Let me just first start off by saying that I don't care for romance stories of any kind. And the very few that I do enjoy watching such as The Bishop's Wife (1947) and Jane Eyre (1970) are just so happen to be the ones that so many people don't even bother talking about at all. Go figure. However, when I first saw the trailer of 'Here's The Plan', it really caught my eye right from the start, because it didn't come off as very forced or mushy-gushy and the animation itself looked very laid-back and appealing to the eye. Well, after watching the full animated short film, I'm so happy to say that all of these first impressions that I had with the trailer of the film held completely true to the final product. If you want a full description on what the whole short film is about, the best one that I can give is the one listed on the main page of the official website:

"A married cat-dog couple of cupcake bakers dream of opening their own bakery. One day their oven breaks and they have to postpone their dream in order to earn money and replace it. Somewhere down the line, they drift apart from their dream and from themselves."

-herestheplanfilm.com/

I was completely in awe of how genuine and sincere it felt in regards to the couple's struggle of making their cupcake/cake baking hobby into a lifelong reality and of course, their relationship as a whole. Everything from the dialogue & soundtrack to the color pallets in reflection of the couple's mood and the environments that they were in was all so well executed to a tee. It's certainly one of those animated films that really felt real to me and this is coming from someone that is single and has absolutely no plans on getting into a relationship of any kind at all. Anyway, this is how you do a real 'follow your dreams' type of story without the unrealistic over-the-top expectations that Disney likes to insert in each of their animated films. You can still have this kind of story but still keep it in reality of where trials and hardships will occur and relationships won't necessary be picture perfect. It still gives the viewer hope in persuading their lifelong dreams without setting the bar too high.

All & all, I really adore this animated short film a whole lot and I'm certainly hoping that this will help pave the way into making Chile a big name in the animation industry. Even if you don't like romance movies, I still highly recommend you to at least give this short film a watch. You may find some kind of a special connection with it. I know I did.