The Godfather: Part II

The Godfather: Part II ★★★★½

Yea...that’s how you end a movie people.

You may think the runtime isn’t worth the price of admission (time) but ummm yea, it leaves you with a feeling of dread in which you deserve, in which you are rewarded for baring through all the trials and tribulations watching what these two main characters go through. What’s crazy is even after all the sins they commit you are left with understandable sympathy for them. Masterful. Masterful storytelling at its finest. I literally almost teared up while discussing that ending to my girlfriend. Al Pacino gives his best performance of his legendary career. Robert De Niro gives his best performance of his magnificent career. Freaking Diane Keaton gives her best performance of her career (with the limited screen time she has).

I’m so in a pickle right now. I’m not sure if this is the masterpiece or the first one because after watching this one I understand the first one a little bit better. I miss Marlon Brando’s Don Vito even more now with that finale. I’m not sure if that was the movie’s intention for making me feel that way but yea, I feel his presence on screen mostly because of Al’s performance. This one is much more political and polished with drama than crime action unlike the first. Which works and doesn’t works at times. Honestly, I had to take breaks watching this but that doesn’t mean the movie was boring or a drag. It was so compelling but so long I had to take a breather from all the amazing aspects that was happening. I’m only human people, I’m sorry if I need a smoke break and needs to eat. Lol anyways I was wondering where this was going to end, I was wondering how and where the amazing backstory of Don Vito was going to lead and well...it lead to everything I was hoping for without myself predicting to see. Amazing, truly amazing. Just see it people. Lost for words.

Jacob liked these reviews