2001: A Space Odyssey

2001: A Space Odyssey ★★★★★

This is quite simply one of the best works of fiction ever made. I definitely need to rewatch it, as it's been a while, but this is one of the most transcending and most beautiful works of art ever made. 2001:A Space Odyssey is a human story. It's a story of human evolution, seen through the eyes of more intelligent beings than us. 2001 is a film that's so ahead of its time, but not just in special effects. The special effects are phenomenal, but the narrative is simply one that transcends any medium. 2001 is like a film made for the future, it's a film you show to aliens, so they can understand human nature. It's not a film about characters, it's a film about studying human behavior. The stargate sequence is one of the most beautiful scenes in cinematic history, because it's so otherworldly. We are experiencing something bigger than life, the path to death, and the path to becoming something greater. This is a film that only a genius could make, which is why Stanley Kubrick is my favorite director. It's a thought-provoking masterpiece that needs to be seen by literally everyone.

Block or Report