Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief ★★★★½

Wow. Well, I suspected these people were weird/stupid and laughed at their ridiculous dogma but I didn't know they were also malicious assholes bent on harassment, intimidation and physical violence.

L. Ron Hubbard was a greedy, abusing, failed writer demagogue. David Miscavige is a conniving scumbag of a human being who loves being buddies with movie stars.

The fact that the IRS gave this crazy cult tax exempt status is the real shocking thing about this documentary, way more than the invisible aliens that live in inside us all after being shot out of a volcano by the space prophet Zenu or whatever the fuck. That's what set all of this insane stuff in motion. Shame on those IRS officials who decided to pump this awful organization full of cash rather than just let it wither and die like so many other cults.

The documentary confirmed my previous opinions about Scientology (that they are wackadoodles) but also showed me the darker side of its founder, its current leader and its doctrines. It angers me that an organization such as this, which is supposed to be a non-profit, is worth billions and just keeps contributing to its war chest year after year. It more than angers me, it sickens me.

Great job by Alex Gibney and all involved in this eye-opening documentary,

Big Tim liked this review