Parasite

Parasite ★★★★★

Before Parasite I hadn't seen a single movie directed by Bong Joon-ho, I didn't read any descriptions of the movie and haven't seen the trailer and to be honest, I think that's the best way to watch Parasite. I try to avoid to give any information about the movie and its story itself in this review so feel free to read it, even if you don't want to know anything.
The 132 minutes of runtime where over in no time. I enjoyed every single second, from the start to the end. Parasite never gets boring and the different tones this movie sets are working really great with one another, which probably has to do with the fantastically written screenplay which includes great dialogue and phenomenal characters which are all having a good amount of depth and get developed quite a bit. The acting is great by every cast member but for me especially Song Kang-ho stood out. He shows many different facettes of his character and plays the role with ease in more than believable.
The cinematography is really great, nothing like for example Birdman, but it has to offer some beautiful looking shots and nice angles. The editing is great as well and feels super smooth. The score is gorgeous.
I absolutely loved this movie. That's probably the best of 2019 and surely one of the best movies of all time. I now get why it's on the seventh place in Letterboxds Top 250. It deserves that spot.

10/10